Friday 23 November 2012

Guess Who workshop: Task One

Using one noun and two adjectives we had to create characters which reflected these characteristics. This activity was very enjoyable and enabled me to really think about Visual Shortcuts and how to physically convey things like emotion, ideas and scenarios. Can you guess what words I used...




 Creepy...Undead...Beast... This was evidently more tricky than i first assumed!

As a group we had to create a character based on three new words but also put them in context, with props and a backdrop etc. Our words were: Rhomboid + Robot + Cowboy.
Photo-bombed!

My creation is the man with the grey face on the far right hand side. 

I made his face in a rhomboid shape to fit the criteria. 

I also gave my character some chaps to emphasize his cowboyish qualities!

We decided not to do too many props as the characters themselves were very colourful and had many extras that we made from plastacine. 

Group shot. 

Playing games with their cowboy props- lassoing anything in their path!

I think the cacti definately makes the scene look like it takes place in a desert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment