Thursday 5 June 2014

Portfolio



To represent my current illustrative practice i chose 9 very different pieces of work to include in my mini portfolio. I chose to include some pieces from my project work, such as editorials and resin models, but also examples of my personal work. I have chosen a range of illustrations based on whether i was happy with the outcome and what style i wanted my portfolio to reflect. There is a mixture of hand-drawn, digital work, 3D and painting which hopefully shows development and diversity of my illustrative style. I was afraid that using examples of too many different things would make my portfolio looked quite disjointed but I think that there is a consistency in style, colour and application of line-work which is reflected in the different materials and processes i have used to create these images.
When physically putting my portfolio together i tried to disperse the images with more saturated colour in between the vignette illustrations which i had more of. The colours are quite consistent within my different works which also helped to pull it all together and i am happy that my portfolio successfully shows how diverse i can be and also how i have progressed over the last 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment