Wednesday 14 May 2014

Creative CV

To create a CV i would be happy to send to a client I needed my regular CV for all of the information. I used my old CV as a basis to make a template for my new CV.

There was alot of information that was not needed on my CV and i also needed to adapt some of it, such as the skills, to make them more appropriate for a creative CV.


When I could clearly see the information i needed i started to make some layout designs and templates.
I also did some research into other creative CV's, what information they included and how other artists have used the space with illustrations to promote themselves as best as possible. These are the examples that stood out the most for me on Pinterest:


I really like the illustration on this CV and the text is cool but I don't think there is enough information on it. No name?! 
I like how the illustration interacts with the text on this CV and the texture of the paper. The font is quite regular but apart from that i think it is quite good. 

Love the illustrations on this CV and it is one of very few i found on coloured paper. I like the typography and the use of symbols to identify the persons skill levels. 
Although this one looks a bit rough it is one of my favourites. It is all hand drawn which appeals to me because it is mainly how i work. The illustrations fit in nicely and work well to break up the page, shame it isn't a colour version. 
 Taking these into account, i started to place each of the separate elements of my CV into photoshop. I also made a new version of my treehouse illustration to put on it and used my own hand written text for the titles.

 First go...I centered the text but it created a lot of white spaces which were awkward to fill.


I like this version better than the first with the text aligned on the left but there are still alot of white spaces which are bugging me!


I decided to start again and created some simple block shapes on photoshop to help me arrange my CV. I changed the opacity of the shapes so that they didn't stand out too much and i really like the effect. I tried with the tree illustration on the left and the right to see which i preferred and i definitely think i prefer it on the left.
There were a few things to change after this but mainly lining things up more precisely and shortening some of the sentences. I am really happy with the outcome and although i know i will probably adapt it in the future i am pleased with how it looks for the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment