Friday 23 May 2014

Self Promo Box

This is the final product i have made for the Self Promotion module (Look At Me!)
I have created two versions of a Self Promo box, containing various handmade items designed, in synchronisation, to promote myself and my work.

Box 1





I used good quality card so that the structure of the box would hold. The colours I used were chosen to fit in with the rest of my self promo materials and my other artwork. Included in this box is: a business card, a postcard, a sticker pack, a badge pack, a creative cv and a contact sheet.

Box 2









 I used the same card as for the first box but i reversed the colours and printed patterns on one side of the box as a reflection of my work to make it really stand out. Inside this box is: a business card, a postcard, a shark sticker pack, a set of different badges, a creative cv, a contact sheet and also a handmade resin shark badge. This is what i like to call my 'Deluxe box' and i made it with the intention to send it to specific clients who would be more interested to see what 3D applications my work can take and also clients i really want to impress!



Although my self promotion materials may cost more to make and send i think it will be worth it in the end. The illustration industry is notoriously hard to get into and i think the most productive way to look for work in this sector is to be selective about which clients to look for (only clients i would be happy to work for) and focus all of my energy on promoting myself really well to them rather than sending out something of less quality to a large range of clients whom i may not particularly want to work for in the first place. I am proud of the self promo materials i have made and at this stage of my degree i would be happy to send out one of my boxes to a potential client to seek work.

No comments:

Post a Comment