Thursday 9 May 2013

Work Based Learning: Self Statement



Self Statement.

My ambitions in life have changed a lot over the years but I believe that I am now headed in the right direction. I have tried many things because it is the kind of person I am, I like to try out different things, work in different areas and visit different places.
Before this course I had worked in a shop, a café, a retail outlet and most recently a pre-school. Academically I have studied fashion, textiles, art & design and animation. All of these have held my interest, and still do to some degree, but now I am doing illustration and I am really starting to think about careers and possibilities for the future.
I have always loved drawing, ever since I could hold a pencil, and I hope that over the next few years I can learn and build upon my creative skills in order to use them productively and professionally. Even when I was working full time I always kept a personal sketchbook: The desire to draw is something that is always with me and hopefully it will be for a long time to come.
Although I would not mind a career in any of the disciplines I have studied previously, my research (both personal and in college) has provided me with a lot of ideas and inspiration within the publishing side of the illustration industry, in particular, children’s book illustration.
I think that my prior knowledge of children’s development (plus my current work with young children) is a great starting point for widening my knowledge of this area and becoming a better illustrator/visual communicator. I hope that during my degree course I can explore the many opportunities and pathways that may arise from researching my chosen pathway further. I am really looking forward to seeing where my illustrative skills can take me professionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment