Friday 31 October 2014

AD31

The following are the later stages of progress and final outcomes for AD31, Goodbye Comfort. (The majority of my design process can be found in my sketchbooks).
This module, although challenging, has helped to show me how I am capable of creating a piece of work within a very, very short time scale. Having a fixed structure has both challenged and aided my creative process, it gave me a starting point but also made me think differently about how to approach a problem.
However, saying this, I have found that the majority of projects i undertook, and the outcomes i achieved have still led me to creating illustrations for a younger audience. This is shown in my book cover, wild swimming illustration, retold story and collective nouns illustrations. Due to the briefs, I began my illustrative process like usual (thematic & creative research then sketches, designs, thumbnails and experimentation) but I also don't think i would have reached the same outcomes if the challenges were more open.

No comments:

Post a Comment