Monday 3 November 2014

Summer work continuation

When i was working on the little book of texts during the summer I made a start on some ideas for illustrations influenced by the poem "I wanna be yours".
I really liked the way the poem was written and what struck as an idea was the lines of the poem could be separated and seen as puns on greetings cards.
I did some watercolour vignette illustrations with literal objects that reflect the line of text. To show the scope of my idea i chose three lines and illustrated them. Im really happy with them and think they would make great alternative valentines cards. The message of love is there but it not so in your face as some other valentines cards that can be found on the market. Im pleased with the result but if i had more time i would have liked to design some envelopes for the cards too, or perhaps come up with some more designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment