Monday 3 November 2014

The Illustrator's Story

I was really excited to do some more narrative work and i enjoyed doing this task. Finding the story was more difficult than anticipated but once i had found a character i could work with it was much easier.
I tried to stick to the 6 panel format but it just didnt look right on the page. I knew from when i started drawing that i didnt want to include text or speech, it didnt suit the characters or story. After the workshop I decided to change the panels and turn my story into a wordless concertina story. I havent made a concertina so far and i have wanted to for ages!
I didnt find it too difficult as i had my story already and i was happy with the pacing and sequencing as well as the style.
I tried coloured pencils and watercolour at first but it did not sit well so i decided to colour my concertina digitally which allowed me to change the scale and colour palette with much more ease.
I'm really happy with the result and of course, me being me, I made a box for it to go in because you can never have too many boxes!





No comments:

Post a Comment